D308, College of Textiles & Clothing
1986-1991, Textile science with a biotechnology focus, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States, Ph.D.
1982-1984, Textile Chemical Engineering, China Textile University (Currently, Donghua University), Shanghai, China, M.S.
1977-1980, Textile Chemical Engineering, China Textile University (Currently, Donghua University) , Shanghai, China, B.Sc.
1. Green polymers and materials
2. Biotextile engineering
3. Fiber and textile chemistry
Awards and Honors
-1st Place, Price for Progress in Science and Technology of National Commerce of China. Key technologies of preparation and application of natural dyestuffs (colorants) extracted from agriculture and forest byproducts. China General Chamber of Commerce. 2013. Hou, X., Gao, H., Wu, B., Chen, L., Shen, G., Yang, C., Xu, Y., Chao, X., Zhao, X., Yang, Y.
Publications within five years
(1) Bingnan Mu; Wei Li; Helan Xu; Lan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), Freeze-extrusion for controllable assembly of 3-dimensional ultra-fine and amorphous fibrous matrices: potential applications in sorption, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2018. DOI: 10.1039/C8TA01845F
(2) Gangwei Pan; Helan Xu*; Bingnan Mu; Bomou Ma and Yiqi Yang(*), A clean approach for potential continuous mass production of high-molecular-weight polylactide fibers with fully stereo-complexed crystallites, Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018.176: 15~158
(3) Jakpa Wizi; Lu Wang; Xiuliang Hou*; Yongying Tao; Bomou Ma and Yiqi Yang(*), Ultrasound-Microwave Assisted Extraction of Natural Colorants from Sorghum Husk with Different Solvents. Industrial Crops & Products. 2018.120: 203~213
(4) Gangwei Pan; Helan Xu*; Bingnan Mu; Bomou Ma; Jing Yang and Yiqi Yang(*), Complete stereo-complexation of enantiomeric polylactides for scalable continuous production. Chemical Engineering Journal 2017.328: 759~767
(5) Kaili Song; Helan Xu; Kongliang Xie and Yiqi Yang(*), Keratin-Based Biocomposites Reinforced and Cross-Linked with Dual-Functional Cellulose Nanocrystals. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2017.5.7: 5669~5678
(6) Kaili Song; Helan Xu; Lan Xu; Kongliang Xie and Yiqi Yang(*), Preparation of cellulose nanocrystal-reinforced keratin bioadsorbent for highly effective and recyclable removal of dyes from aqueous solution. Bioresource Technology 2017.232: 254~262
(7) Bomou Ma*; Sun Qisong; Jing Yang; Jakpa Wizi; Xiuliang Hou; Yiqi Yang(*), Degradation and regeneration of feather keratin in NMMO solution. Environmental Science and Pollution Research，2017.24.21: 17711~17718
(8) Bomou Ma*; Jing Yang; Qisong Sun; Jakpa Wizi; Xiuliang Hou and Yiqi Yang(*), Influence of cellulose/[Bmim]Cl solution on the properties of fabricated NIPS PVDF membranes. Journal of Materials Science, 2017.52.16: 9946~9957
(9) Helan Xu; Maiping Yang; Xiuliang Hou and Yiqi Yang(*), Industrial trial of high-quality all green sizes composed of soy-derived protein and glycerol. Journal of Cleaner Production 2016.135: 1~8
(10) Zhen Dong; Xiuliang Hou*; I Haigler and Yiqi Yang(*), Preparation and properties of cotton stalk bark fibers and their cotton blended yarns and fabrics. Journal of Cleaner Production 2016.139: 267~276
(11) Helan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), Nanoparticles derived from plant proteins for controlled release and targeted delivery of therapeutics. Nanomedicine 2015.10.13: 2001~2004
(12) Helan Xu; Peng Liu; Xiang Mi; Lan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), Potent and regularizable crosslinking of ultrafine fibrous protein scaffolds for tissue engineering using a cytocompatible disaccharide derivative. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 2015.3.17: 3609~3616
(13) Helan Xu; Shaobo Cai; Lan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), Water-stable three-dimensional ultrafine fibrous scaffolds from keratin for cartilage tissue engineering. Langmuir 2014.30.28: 8461~8470
(14) Yi Zhao; Yuzhu Zhao; Helan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), A Sustainable Slashing Industry Using Biodegradable Sizes from Modified Soy Protein to Replace Petro-Based Poly (Vinyl Alcohol). Environmental Science & Technology 2015.49.4: 2391~2397
(15) Bingnan Mu; Helan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), Accelerated hydrolysis of substituted cellulose for potential biofuel production: Kinetic study and modeling. Bioresource Technology 2015.196: 332~338
(16) Helan Xu and Yiqi Yang(*), Controlled de-cross-linking and disentanglement of feather keratin for fiber preparation via a novel process. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2014.2.6: 1404~1410
1. Lightweight Materials from Biopolymers and Biofibers. Editor: Yang, Yiqi, Helan Xu, and Xin Yu. American Chemical Society Press. 2014. DOI: 10.1021/bk-2014-1175.
2. Porous lightweight composites reinforced with fibrous structures. Editor: Yang, Yiqi, Jianyong Yu, Helan Xu, and Baozhong Sun. Springer. 2017. ISBN 978-3-662-53804-3
1. Symposium Organizer, CELL-Division (Division of Cellulose and Renewable Materials) Symposium ‘Light-Weight Materials from Biopolymers’. 246th American Chemical Society National Meeting, Indianapolis, IN, September 8-12, 2013.
2. Co-Chair of the Organizing Committee of The 1st International Conference on Marketplace Advantage through Innovative Processes, Testing, and Quality Control, Shanghai, China, June 7-8, 2012. This is a conference co-organized among AATCC, SDC-China and Donghua University.
3. Chair, Keynote Speech Session, The 1st International Conference on Marketplace Advantage through Innovative Processes, Testing, and Quality Control, Shanghai, China, 9:00 -11:30am, June 7, 2012. This is a conference co-organized among AATCC, SDC-China and Donghua University.